HOME > 열린광장 > 새소식

작성일 : 17-11-15 17:26
11/21(화) 세미나 안내 - Dr. Arvid Hammar, "Development of the MATS Satellite"
 글쓴이 : 관리자
조회 : 729  
안녕하세요우주과학과, 우주탐사학과 여러분.

이번 세미나 11 21일 오후 4 30천문대 영상실에서 있습니다.
Omnisys instruments AB의 Arvid Hammar 박사님께서 "Development of the MATS Satellite"에 관한 강연을 해 주실 예정입니다.

강연은 영어로 진행되며, 초록은 아래에 나타나있습니다. 세미나 참석을 원하시는 분은 세미나 10분 전까지 입실해 주시기 바랍니다. 많은 참석 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

There will be an Astronomy and Space Science seminar on 11/21, 4:30 PM, in the Auditorium, Kyung Hee University Astronomical Observatory.

Dr. Arvid Hammar of Omnisys instruments AB will gives a presentation about "Development of the MATS Satellite".

The language of the seminar will be English and abstract is shown below.

You are asked to join the seminar five to ten minutes before it starts. Your attendance will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.

* Abstract:

I will talk about the development of MATS (Mesospheric Airglow/Aerosol Tomography and Spectroscopy), which is a Swedish micro-satellite for atmospheric research that is scheduled for launch in 2019. The main instrument on board MATS is an off-axis reflective telescope with six channels (UV and NIR) will be used to capture the atmospheric scene in a limb configuration. In addition to the limb telescope, a single-channel refractive NIR camera directed in the nadir direction will be used. The limb telescope was developed in a collaboration with Prof. Soojong Pak’s group at the School of Space Research (KHU). In my presentation, I will give a brief background of Omnisys and highlight some previous projects in astronomy and atmospheric science that has lead us to the development of the MATS satellite. I will also explain the scientific motivation MATS and how the measured data will be analyzed. The remainder of my talk will focus on the development of the satellite as a whole, but with an emphasis on the two optical instruments.